Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Late, I'm Tired and I Just Started This Blog

I've always wanted to write a book about some of the things I witnessed as a bartender in Los Angeles, some of the conversations I've been privy to, restaurants I've discovered, gems of wisdom derived from my experiences on the way to losing most of my hair, etc.

So. Anyway, as I was saying... My first choice was to write a book, entitled "Tales From The Bar Side", but I didn't want to go through all the hassle of finding a publisher, a literary agent, publicist, and whatever being an author entails (I'll talk more about this in a blog about procrastination). I just like to write and I have a whole shitload of stuff in my cranium waiting to be spewed out. I have no idea in what order these things will emerge from the storage units inside my head. My only hope is that I have something relevant to say to someone, somewhere, and that my sense of humor shines through as well.

Every so often, I'll get on my soapbox about something. I don't whine often*, but when I do, I'm painfully aware that I'm doing it, but, like everyone else, I need to vent from time to time, so I apologize in advance for those particular blogs when they end up here among my little vignettes. I'll try to inject some humor into those occasional tirades as well - although I'm sure it will come out as my trademark sarcasm.

Lastly, let me just say this - I am NOT a Tweeter. I'm far too verbose to confine myself to short phrases several times a day to express myself or keep friends and fans posted as to where I'm eating a donut. Nope... I'm afraid I need to BLOG. Stay tuned.

*Some people think I do... screw 'em! This is whining...

No comments:

Post a Comment